Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Utah County SWAT searching for armed, suicidal man
First Published Jul 07 2014 01:33 pm • Last Updated Jul 08 2014 01:35 pm

A SWAT team was searching Monday evening for a man, possibly armed, who had threatened suicide in the Utah County town of Elberta.

Public safety dispatchers said the search began shortly after Utah County sheriff’s deputies were called to a neighborhood near 13000 West and 15000 South on a 9:30 a.m. Monday. The man’s wife either escaped or was released from her home and walked to a post office and reported her husband was suicidal and armed.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

There were no reports of shots being fired.

Sgt. Spencer Cannon corrected earlier reports that the man was barricaded inside his house.

The Tribune will update this story as it develops.


Twitter: @erinalberty


Twitter: @remims

story continues below
story continues below

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.