Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts

Motorcyclist critically hurt in Uintah County crash
First Published Jun 26 2014 04:12 pm • Last Updated Jun 27 2014 09:16 am

A Fort Duchesne man was critically hurt in a motorcycle crash.

The 45-year-old lost control of the motorcycle before crashing into a bar pit near 4500 E. 3400 South in Independence, a few miles south of Ballard, according to a Uintah County Sheriff’s news release.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

He was not wearing a helmet and investigators suspect that alcohol factored into the crash, the release adds.

A passer-by found the man and the wrecked motorcycle near the side of the road about 6:30 a.m. Thursday. The man was unresponsive and taken to Uintah Basin Medical Center, then flown to a hospital in Salt Lake City, according to the release.

The crash is still under investigation.


Twitter: @mikeypanda

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.