Eight people were left homeless in the wake of a fire that heavily damaged two units of a four-plex apartment complex in Ogden late Monday night.
Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman said crews rushed to the 10:23 p.m. blaze at 1050 Healy Street to find heavy smoke and flames pouring from the structure.
All residents were safely evacuated as firefighters extinguished the blaze, believed caused by an electrical problem which spread from a basement unit to another unit directly above it.
Damages were estimated at more than $70,000, Bauman said.
Six adults and two children displaced by the fire were receiving housing, clothing and food assistance from the Red Cross.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.