Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
(Salt Lake Tribune file photo) The FLDS ranch near Pringle, S.D., as seen from the road, in March 2006.
No influx of FLDS in South Dakota, sheriff says
First Published May 29 2014 12:52 pm • Last Updated May 29 2014 10:16 pm

Pringle, S.D.• Custer County authorities say there’s no indication members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints have flocked to South Dakota, but the group is behind on property taxes.

The state of Texas last month seized the FLDS ranch in that state. The FLDS still own a ranch near Pringle, S.D.

Pringle, S.D.

View Larger Map

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Custer County Sheriff Rick Wheeler says he expected an influx, but there’s not a lot of traffic on the compound and it’s been quiet.

However, Deputy Treasurer Peggy Lindbloom says the group owes just under $51,000 in back taxes on the Pringle ranch.

The South Dakota group could not be reached.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.