Gas leak in Draper now under control
By Michael McFall
| The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published May 28 2014 03:12 pm • Last Updated May 28 2014 03:53 pm
A gas leak in Draper has forced firefighters to shut down State Street.
About 2:20 p.m., a construction crew had apparently damaged a natural gas line just south of 11400 S. State Street, said Unified Fire Battalion Chief Brian Anderton.
UFA shut down State Street to northbound traffic from 11400 South to 11800 South and evacuated a nearby Key Bank until a hazardous materials crew cleared it as safe to re-enter, Anderton said.
The gas was shut off by 3:30 p.m., but UFA will keep the four blocks closed until the area is all clear.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
About Reader Comments
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account
. See more about comments here.