Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Utah Senate requests public comment on judicial nominees
First Published May 28 2014 02:25 pm • Last Updated May 28 2014 02:48 pm

The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on Paul Dame and Michael Leavitt who were appointed to the 5th District Juvenile Court.

Those who desire to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol, House Building, Suite W210, Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on June 11. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number, and mailing address.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

The Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee will hold a public hearing and make a recommendation to the full senate, prior to the final confirmation vote, likely to take place in June.

The 5th District Court includes Beaver, Iron and Washington Counties.

If confirmed, Dame will replace Judge Hans Chamberlain, who retired on May 1st. Leavitt would replace Judge Karla Staheli who resigned on Feb. 1st.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.