Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Utah monkey in custody; owner remains at large
First Published May 16 2014 06:48 am • Last Updated May 16 2014 09:17 pm

That monkey on the loose in southwestern Utah now is safe inside the Washington City Animal Shelter, but the search for its human guardian continues.

Washington City police confirmed Friday that the monkey, spotted Wednesday in the Coral Canyon area, was captured late Thursday with the aid of a veterinarian. The animal was in good health, but put in quarantine at the shelter as a precaution.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

A police dispatcher said efforts to find the monkey’s owner had thus far been unsuccessful despite canvassing by officers of homes in the area where the primate was found.

Washington City police are asking the public for help in locating the monkey’s human family. Anyone with information is asked to call WCPD at 435-634-5730 or the Washington City Animal Shelter at 435-673-7194.


Twitter: @remims

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.