Cedar City » Cedar City fire investigators say an iron left on an ironing board started the blaze at a home where a 92-year-old woman died over the weekend.
Fire Capt. Travis Douglas says Hazel Bulloch died at her home on Sunday. He says it is not yet clear what caused her death.
Cedar City Police Sgt. Jimmy Roden told The St. George Spectrum the flames were so intense that rescuers were unable to enter the home when they first responded about 6:30 p.m. It took crews about 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze.
Authorities remained on the scene investigating for about five hours.
Douglas says it will be another week or two before the medical examiner releases results of the pending autopsy.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.