Six graduating Utah students have been chosen as semifinalists for the U.S. Presidential Scholars Program.
• Park City High School: Zachary R. Laufer of Park City.
• Judge Memorial High School: Allyson I. Dugan of Salt Lake City.
• West High School: Sarah R. Silcox of Salt Lake City and Mirae L. Parker of Tooele.
• Skyline High School: Rajdeep Trilokekar of Salt Lake City.
• The Waterford School: Maxwell Xiong of Sandy.
Students chosen as presidential scholars receive an expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C. in June and receive a medallion at a ceremony sponsored by the White House.