Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Man suffers critical injuries in Utah County car wreck
First Published Apr 21 2014 08:55 pm • Last Updated Apr 22 2014 01:16 pm

A man was critically injured in a car wreck Sunday evening on Redwood Road in Utah County.

The man was the passenger in a Saturn passenger car that was traveling south about 5:30 p.m. on Redwood Road north of Elberta "at a very high rate of speed," Utah Highway Patrol troopers wrote in a press statement. The driver lost control going around a curve, troopers said.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

The passenger, 22, was not using a safety belt and was thrown from the car. He was critically injured and flown to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. As of Monday night, the man, who had suffered major injuries, was expected to survive, troopers said.

The driver, 23, was driven to a Payson hospital.

"Drugs and alcohol do not appear to be involved, but the investigation is continuing," troopers wrote.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.