Cache County Fire District crews continued to douse smoldering hot spots Tuesday morning, the day after a fast-moving blaze gutted a Richmond barn and killed six goats inside.
Fire Marshal Jason Winn said damages likely will exceed $60,000 for the 40-by-50-foot wooden structure, which also contained about 10 tons of hay.
Winn said the owner’s wife was treated for second-degree facial burns sustained while trying to fight the blaze, but no other injuries were reported, Winn said.
The barn was completely engulfed in flames when crews arrived about 8:30 p.m. Monday at the scene, 22336 E. 11000 North.
In addition to Cache County Fire District, firefighters from neighboring Logan, North Logan, Smithfield, Richmond, Lewiston and Newton responded.
While the investigation was ongoing, Winn said initial indications were that the fire was not intentionally set.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.