A morning fire to a single family residence in Payson did $80,000 damage and left a family of five looking for a place to live.
According to Terry Reilly, an assistant emergency medical services chief in Utah County, two engines and a ladder from Payson, an engine from nearby Santaquin and two ambulances descended on the home at 1865 S. State Road 198 at 8:16 a.m.
The family was able to safely evacuate without injury and authorities contacted the Red Cross to give the mother, father and three children a place to stay and clothing.
"The fire extended through the home quite a bit," said Reilly, who said it is believed the blaze started in the basement near the furnace.
Reilly said it did not appear that there were working smoking alarms in the residence that could have given the family an earlier warning.