Ah, that fragrance of burning garbage in the morning. It smells like . . . a West Valley City Fire Department call.
WVCFD spokesman Bob Fitzgerald said crews rushed to the Valley Fair Mall, 3601 S. Constitution Avenue (2700 West), about 6:30 a.m. after employees arriving for work noticed a smoky haze inside the mall.
Firefighters soon found the source of the smoke — a smoldering Dumpster. Crews doused the trash bin and set up ventilation fans to clear the air, and the mall opened for its daily business as usual.
Fitzgerald said no one was injured and the incident did not generate any damage.
The cause of the fire was not immediately determined.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.