Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Teen dies after speeding car rolls in Duchesne County
First Published Apr 08 2014 01:26 pm • Last Updated Apr 08 2014 10:29 pm

A Duchesne County teen died of multiple injuries sustained when he lost control of his speeding car and rolled near the eastern Utah town of Roosevelt.

Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Todd Royce said that Michael Duncan, 17, was ejected from his 1991 model Nissan Maxima when he failed to take a curve at 50 W. Cobblehollow Road about 10:40 p.m. Monday. His car struck a dirt berm and rolled repeatedly.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Duncan was rushed to Uintah Basin Medical Center. His heart stopped numerous times as paramedics administered CPR, and a medical helicopter was dispatched to take him to a Salt Lake City hospital.

However, Royce said Tuesday that the boy’s heart failed again before the flight could take off, and efforts to revive the youth once more were unsuccessful.


Twitter: @remims

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.