Layton boy critically burned in backyard

Published March 29, 2014 6:06 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A 10-year-old Layton boy is expected to survive critical burns he suffered Saturday in his backyard.

The boy was in the back of his house near 1200 N. Church Street, when something went wrong near the fire pit and he was burned on his face, neck and chest, said Layton Fire Battalion Chief Mike Adams. Investigators are not sure what happened, but they did find a gas can nearby, Adams said.

A helicopter arrived about 11 a.m. and took the boy to the University Hospital, Adams said.


Twitter: @mikeypanda

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus