Quantcast
Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Park City home catches fire
First Published Mar 21 2014 12:48 pm • Last Updated Mar 21 2014 06:45 pm

A fire broke out Friday morning in a house that was being constructed in Park City, closing a road and causing extensive damage to the structure.

The fire broke out about 11:40 a.m. in a house near Deer Valley Drive and Sunnyside Drive.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Crews contained the fire, and it did not spread to other buildings, said Park City spokeswoman Phyllis Robinson.

Deputy Fire Marshall Kurt Simister said three workers on the construction site accidentally started the blaze when they tried to burn scrap materials in a fireplace. The men managed to escape the building without injury, and the fire did not harm anyone else.

ealberty@sltrib.com




Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment


About Reader Comments


Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Videos
Jobs
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.