Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Planned outages for Rocky Mountain Power customers in Nibley

First Published Mar 05 2014 10:32 am • Last Updated Mar 05 2014 12:51 pm

Portions of the small Cache County town of Nibley will be without electricity at various times on Thursday, and Rocky Mountain Power says it won’t be by accident or act of nature.

Utility spokeswoman Margaret Oler said Rocky Mountain crews will be working Thursday in the residential area near 800 West to upgrade the power system’s electrical fuses. The work will begin about 9 a.m. and will be done in three phases, affecting homes and businesses in those targeted areas for roughly two hours each.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

In all, about 320 Nibley customers will experience outages at some point during the day. The project is supposed to be done by 3 p.m. Thursday.

The outages shouldn’t take anyone by surprise, Oler says, noting that customers were told of the project in recent mailings.


Twitter: @remims

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.