2-year-old dies after TV falls on him
By Erin Alberty
| The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Feb 11 2014 07:29 pm • Last Updated Feb 11 2014 09:12 pm
A 2-year-old boy died after a TV fell on him in his Magna home.
The grandparents were in a different room about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday when they heard a thud from the living room of the house, near 2600 S. 8850 West, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. There they found the child pinned under a 32-inch tube-style TV, Hoyal said.
He was taken by ambulance to Intermountain Medical Center and later flown to Primary Children’s Hospital, where he died about 8:30 p.m., Hoyal said. "It appears to be a very tragic, unfortunate accident," Hoyal said.
Police were not releasing the boy’s name pending family notification.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
About Reader Comments
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account
. See more about comments here.