Six-year-old uses lighter to start fire at Clinton house
By Matthew Piper
| The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Feb 08 2014 11:39 am • Last Updated Feb 08 2014 11:39 am
A 6-year-old boy started a fire in his second-floor bedroom after playing with a lighter he found in the bathroom Saturday morning.
Clinton Fire Chief Dave Olsen said nobody in the house near 1100 North and 1100 West was harmed and the blaze was confined to the boy’s room, but says the incident is an important reminder to exercise caution when children and incendiary devices are under the same roof.
"Make sure that you talk to your kids about playing with matches and lighters, and put them in places where they can’t get to them," Olsen said.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
About Reader Comments
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account
. See more about comments here.