Morning fire destroys Provo mobile home
Fire » Three escape injury when the mother discovered the blaze.
By Vince Horiuchi
| The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Jan 25 2014 08:58 am • Last Updated Jan 25 2014 09:35 am
A Provo woman and her two daughters escaped injury Saturday morning when a fire erupted in their mobile home trailer.
Leticia Quesada alerted her two daughters, Kenya Huertado and Giselle Huertado, when she smelled the smoke, and the three escaped the trailer at 850 W. Columbia Lane, #29, about 12:15 a.m., according to Provo Fire officials.
Firefigters from three stations responded and extinguished the blaze in about 30 minutes. Damage was estimated at about $80,000, and officials believe the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the trailer.
The American Red Cross has assisted Quesada and her family with shelter.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
About Reader Comments
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account
. See more about comments here.