A deep fryer fire on Monday forced the downtown Ogden Iggy’s Sports Bar and Grill to temporarily close its doors.
While the staff was getting ready for the 11 a.m. opening of the sports bar at 2309 S. Washington Blvd., the grease in a deep fryer heated up to high and caught fire, said Ogden Fire Battalion Chief Corey Barton.
Firefighters received the call about the kitchen fire at 10:41 a.m. and arrived within two minutes. The emergency responders, armed with extinguishers, were able to limit the damage to the fryer and several nearby condiments bottles that had melted, Barton said.
The Iggy’s had to shut down for several hours Monday until they replaced the fryer.
The fire department did not report any injuries.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.