Home » News » Justice

Kane County stretch of Highway 89 due for closures into spring

First Published      Last Updated Jan 08 2014 02:44 pm

A major rural southern Utah traffic route will be subject to weekday construction-related closures until next spring, the Utah Department of Transportation announced on Wednesday.

UDOT officials said a 10-mile stretch of U.S. 89 in Kane County will be closed between the city of Kanab and Kanab Creek Bridge daily from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Monday through Friday, until April 11. The highway will have one lane open the remaining hours of those days, as well as on weekends.

Since there will be no suitable time-saving detour options during the closures and delays, Kane County Office of Tourism volunteers and local businesses will be offering extra hospitality to travelers inconvenienced by the work, UDOT noted.


Twitter: @remims