Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Where to dispose of your Christmas tree
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

If you are already prepared to put away the holiday decorations, you may want to wait to throw out the Christmas tree if you are a Salt Lake County resident.

From January 2 to 31, Wasatch Front Waste will collect Christmas trees curb side in Salt Lake County. For residents who don't want to wait until the new year, Salt Lake City officials encourage residents to cut up their trees and place them in the tan green-waste containers.

Christmas tree recycling for Park City residents begins Dec. 26, according to the city's website. Tree can be dropped off at the "North 40" Sports Field (2700 Kearns Boulevard, across from Wyatt Earp Way). If Park City residents want to save themselves a trip, the Park City Lacrosse Team is offering to pick up trees for $25 as a fundraiser for their teams.

Davis County residents can take their Christmas trees to the county landfill, 1997 E. 3500 North, Layton. The landfill, whose operating hours are 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, will take them at no charge.

In Ogden, Christmas trees can be recycled at the Green Waste Site, 1845 Monroe Blvd. They are open Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. excluding extreme storm days and holidays.

In Utah County, residents can take Christmas trees to the landfill, 2000 West and 200 South, Lindon. The charge is $4 per pickup load (one tree is $4). Operating hours at the landfill are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Jessica Miller

Recycling • Salt Lake County offers curbside pickup; other counties have drop-off sites.
Article Tools

 Print Friendly
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.