A garage fire temporarily shut down 1300 East in Sandy Wednesday evening.
The fire began about 5:41 p.m. in a two-story garage at 9232 S. 1195 East, according to a police dispatcher. The fire had fully engulfed the building by 6 p.m. By 7:30 p.m. crews had mostly extinguished the blaze and were just mopping up.
The fire did not cause any injuries, the dispatcher said.
The street was shut down in order to better accommodate fire crews. The dispatcher reported that the street re-opened shortly before 7:45 p.m.
The dispatcher did not immediately have information on how the fire began.
The Salt Lake Tribune will update this story when more information becomes available.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.