Police said on Thursday that the carbon monoxide poisoning death of a Tooele man is believed to have been accidental.
Tooele police Capt. Paul Wimmer said 54-year-old Robert Woods was found unconscious and unresponsive about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the living room of his house near 200 E. Crest Circle.
Paramedics’ efforts to revive him were unsuccessful and Woods was pronounced dead.
Wimmer said the death did not appear to have been a suicide.
"It looks like he was working on his truck in the garage and apparently went inside to rest and fell asleep. The truck was still running, and filled the house with carbon monoxide fumes," Wimmer said.
The garage adjoined the living room of the house through a door, which was found open by relatives when they returned to find Woods.
Police said carbon monoxide levels inside the home were determined to be dangerously elevated.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.