An early Wednesday morning fire forced evacuation of 10 people at Ogden's Archway Young Service shelter, but no one was injured.
Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman said eight teens and two staff members were cleared from the 2:03 a.m. blaze at 2660 Lincoln Avenue.
While firefighters extinguished the flames coming from inside a double-dryer unit of the facility's laundry room, the evacuees spent about an hour being kept warm in an ambulance and a personal vehicle outside the building, Bauman said.
Before the shelter's fire suppression sprinkler system kicked in the flames had begun to burn into the laundry room's ceiling tiles. The fire did not spread beyond the room, however.