Gas leak evacuates 12 Ogden homes

Published October 28, 2013 10:03 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Residents of 12 Ogden homes were evacuated during a natural gas leak, but no injuries were reported.

Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman said the incident began about 2:30 p.m. Sunday when a motorist backing into a driveway struck a gas meter attached to a home at 835 Binford. The collision severed the gas line.

Firefighters responding to a 911 call evacuated 30 people in all. They were allowed to return to their homes about two hours later, after Questar Gas crews completed repairs and restored service to the area.

Firefighters also checked each of the affected homes for any residual natural gas fumes before clearing them for occupancy.


Twitter: @remims

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus