Quantcast

Faulty bathroom fan cause of apartment fire

Published October 26, 2013 8:28 pm
Fire • No injuries were reported in Salt Lake City blaze.
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A faulty bathroom fan was the cause of an electrical fire that raced through a Salt Lake City apartment complex Saturday morning.

Six residents were evacuated but no injuries were reported, said Salt Lake City Fire spokesman Jasen Asay.

The fire at 2625 E. Stringham Ave. (2280 South) started about 2:25 a.m. in a pipe behind a bathroom wall and damaged two of the apartments. A third unit was damaged when firefighters forced their way in.

"One of the residents heard a crackling noise and went into the bathroom and saw flames," Asay said.

The residents were relocated through help from the American Red Cross. It is unknown if and when they can return to their homes. Officials did not know the dollar amount of the damage to the apartments.

vince@sltrib.com

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus