No one was harmed after a highly toxic chemical spilled at a Salt Lake City warehouse Wednesday morning.
Salt Lake City Fire received a call just before 9 a.m. of a chemical spill near 5178 W. 150 South, according to spokesman Jasen Asay.
Asay said when hazmat crews arrived at RinChem, a chemical distribution company, they found about 10 gallons of highly toxic, flammable chemicals on the floor. The liquid was a mix of a substance called TCIR-ZR8690PB and a second chemical. Asay did not immediately know the name of the second chemical.
According to Asay, 20 glass bottles filled with the first chemical — a resin commonly used to make flash drives — were sitting on a shelf in the warehouse when the shelf broke and the bottles spilled on the ground. As the bottles fell, they knocked down other bottles containing the second chemical.