Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts

Trib Talk today: Medical marijuana and seizures (video)
First Published Oct 14 2013 07:31 am • Last Updated Oct 31 2013 12:49 pm

One Utah lawmaker says he’ll push to legalize a cannabis extract that some say helps children with seizures. But would that open the door to permitting marijuana for medical use in Utah, an option that’s already legal in 20 other states?

On Monday at 12:15 p.m., Jennifer Napier-Pearce talks with Rep. Gage Froerer, Sen. Brian Shiozawa, Jennifer May, whose child has epilepsy, and Trib reporter Kirsten Stewart about medical marijuana and the benefits — and fears — of legalizing cannabis extract.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

You can join the discussion by sending questions and comments to the hashtag #TribTalk on Twitter and Google+, or submit comments in the comment section below this story.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.