Mormon missionary dies of electrical shock in Mexico
20-year-old Idaho man is 11th LDS missionary to die this year.
By Bob Mims
| The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Oct 10 2013 12:44 pm • Last Updated Oct 10 2013 09:14 pm
A Mormon missionary was electrocuted when he accidentally came into contact with a live power line on top of a building in Mexico, the LDS Church confirmed Thursday.
Ruth Todd, spokeswoman for the Utah-based Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said that 20-year-old Colt Daniel Kunz, of Victor, Idaho, had been serving his mission in the faith’s Mexico Tampico Mission for just a few weeks when the accident happened Wednesday.
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account. See more about comments here.