First Published Aug 27 2013 09:58 am • Last Updated Aug 27 2013 04:50 pm
Investigators say a Salt Lake City fire that heavily damaged two motor homes and several nearby all-terrain vehicles was due to a case of routine engine maintenance gone wrong.
Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman Jasen Asay said Tuesday that the 6:30 p.m. Tuesday fire at 1325 W. Arapahoe Ave. (660 South) originated in one of the motor homes when "the owner’s sons were doing some maintenance to get it running again.
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account. See more about comments here.