Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Utah man sentenced for raping 2 children

The Associated Press

First Published Aug 07 2013 08:06 pm • Last Updated Aug 07 2013 09:06 pm

St. George • A 30-year-old St. George man who sexually assaulted two children is headed to prison for at least 50 years.

Shon Turner raped a child who lived in his neighborhood and another child at his home and at a Salt Lake City-area motel, according to 5th District Court documents. The offenses occurred from 2011 to 2013.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Both children were younger than 8 years old.

Turner pleaded guilty in May to two counts of rape of a child, a crime carrying a mandatory prison term of 25 years to life.

The Spectrum reports that Turner apologized in court on Tuesday.

His attorney Rob Latham has argued in court that Turner may have suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder from his military service.

Judge Eric Ludlow told Turner on Tuesday that his conduct "sickens me."

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.