Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Salt Lake City police seek possible victims of sex offender
First Published Jun 28 2013 08:46 am • Last Updated Jun 30 2013 04:59 pm

Salt Lake City police are asking possible victims of a teenage sex offender to come forward.

The 17-year-old boy already faces two counts of second-degree felony forcible sexual abuse for allegedly exposing his genitalia to female joggers and groping them in the area of 900 East and 11th Avenue.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

However, Salt Lake City police Det. Veronica Montoya said investigators believe the teen — who remained in a juvenile detention facility on Friday — may have been involved in other assaults throughout the city and county.

In hopes of identifying additional victims and charging the teen with additional crimes, detectives are appealing to the public for help.

Anyone who thinks she is a victim, or is aware of someone else possibly attacked sexually while jogging, is asked to call Salt Lake City police at 801-799-3000.


Twitter: @remims

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.