Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Saratoga Springs appoints new police chief
First Published Jun 24 2013 03:31 pm • Last Updated Jun 24 2013 10:37 pm

Saratoga Springs has hired a new police chief to serve its residents and those in Bluffdale City.

Andy Burton, who most recently was employed as a detective with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, started work on Monday.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

He brings 31 years of law enforcement experience to the job.

He is also a retired Army colonel who served as a commissioned officer in the U.S. Army Special Forces for 32 years and has served several combat tours in Afghanistan.

Burton has a bachelor’s degree in law enforcement from Weber State University, a bachelor’s degree in watershed science from Utah State University and a master’s degree in strategic leadership from the U.S. Army War College.

The Saratoga Springs Police Department was created in 2006 and currently has 24 sworn officers serving residents in Saratoga Springs, as well as those in Bluffdale.


Twitter @sltribjanelle

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.