Child drowns in hot tub at North Logan wedding reception

Published June 22, 2013 2:24 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

North Logan • A 3-year-old boy who was discovered unresponsive in a hot tub in North Logan died at a hospital Friday night.

Cpl. Shawn Bennett of the North Park Police Department said the boy was attending a wedding reception at the Four Seasons reception center, 140 E. 2200 North.

Around 8 p.m., someone discovered the boy unconscious in the hot tub. Bennett said it was unknown how long the boy had been in the water. Guests attempted CPR until medical responders arrived. The boy was transported to Logan Regional Hospital, where attempts to resuscitate the child were unsuccessful.

Bennett said the boy and his family were visiting from Idaho.


Twitter: @KimballBennion

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus