Cause of fire that destroyed Weber home still unknown
Authorities still did not know Saturday what caused a fire that destroyed a home near the mouth of Weber Canyon the day before.
The single-story, three-bedroom home at 2383 E. 6550 South in Uintah City caught fire on the back deck about 4:20 p.m. Friday, and flames quickly spread to the rest of the house, said Uintah Fire Chief Mike Marz.
None of the five family members who lived in the house were home at the time, and no injuries were reported.
Marz said investigators could not tell what caused the blaze and said a barbecue on the deck was not a source nor was overheated electrical wiring. Marz said authorities had not ruled if the fire was accidental or intentional.
In addition to Uintah City, firefighters from Riverdale, the Weber Fire District, South Ogden and South Weber fire departments battled the flames.
The American Red Cross was able to relocate the family, Marz said.
See more about comments here.