Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Family reports Park City man missing in Emery County
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A Park City man who went with his family on a Memorial Day outing in Goblin Valley State Park has been reported missing after he failed to return home in his recreational vehicle Monday night.

Larry Fitlow, 67, was last seen leaving a camping area off Little Wild Horse Road — near Goblin Valley in Emery County — at about 10:30 a.m. Monday, according to a news release by the man's family.

Fitlow, who was traveling with his dog in a 37-foot RV, was seen by family taking a wrong turn toward the Wild Horse slot canyon parking lot near Highway 24. His family, thinking he would turn around once he got to the parking lot, left more than an hour after he did and returned to Park City at about 7 p.m. When they arrived home, Fitlow had not returned, and he has not been heard from since. Calls the family made to Fitlow's cellphone have not been answered.

Dispatchers with the Emery County Sheriff's Office said the family had informed the department of Fitlow's disappearance and that authorities have been searching the area. So far, they've had no luck finding Fitlow or his RV.

Sgt. Ron Bridge with the Summit County Sheriff's Office said the family also contacted his department and that they are assisting Emery County in the search for Fitlow. Attempts to find Fitlow by triangulating the location of his cellphone have so far been unsuccessful, Bridge said.

Fitlow's vehicle has Utah plates with a decal reading "Senior Gone Wild" on the back. His dog, a 1-year-old Schnauser-Yorkie named Gizmo, also was with him. kbennion@sltrib.com

Twitter: @KimballBennion

Article Tools

 Print Friendly
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.