Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Here’s who uses the most water in Davis County
Conservation » A dairy processor consumes 16.5 million gallons of water a month.

< Previous Page

If residents and businesses keep consuming water, Willard Bay might not be enough.

"When that supply is gone [Willard Bay] then we are looking at the Bear River," Nelson said. "Right now, just to build a reservoir to store that Bear River water, we’re looking at over a billion dollars."

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

The question then is, how much water should residents conserve?

"It’s a double-edged sword," Brett Egget, the production supervisor for Bountiful City Water Department said. "The more water we conserve, the less water we sell, so we have less revenue to take care of the infrastructure."

However, Egget added, "It’s always a good idea to conserve."

Nelson calls the Weber Basin Water "high quality."

"We’re trying to get people to use less water so we can make what we have last longer," he said.


Twitter: @sltribDavis

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.