Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Kittens are motherless, and they need Utahns to lend a caring hand

A flood of tiny orphans is expected at the Salt Lake County shelter.

< Previous Page


Twitter: @judyfutah

At a glance

Volunteer to help orphaned kittens

Salt Lake County Animal Services and the Best Friends Animal Society welcome volunteers for their Bottle Baby program at the animal services shelter, 511 W. 3900 South, Salt Lake City. Volunteers must be 13 or older and complete a three-part training course. There is a special need for people interested in tending kittens during midnight and workday hours.

To volunteer for the Bottle Baby program, go to www.bfas.org/slckittens.

Salt Lake County Animal Services also has a section on its Web page for volunteers at www.adoptutahpets.com.

Anyone interested in fostering through the Humane Society of Utah should contact the Foster Care Department directly at 801-261-2919 or by stopping by at 4242 S. 300 West in Murray. On weekends, the Adoption Department can put prospective volunteers in touch with Foster Care.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.