Elderly man severely burned in Hyrum
An elderly Hyrum man suffered third-degree burns over 90 percent of his body after his clothing caught fire while he was trying to burn weeds at his home.
Cache County Sheriff's Lt. Brian Locke said Ray Jessop, 81, was using a propane torch along his fence when he was engulfed in flames about 11 a.m. Wednesday.
A neighbor boy came to the man's aid, calling 911 for help.
Jessop first was rushed to Logan Regional Hospital and then flown by helicopter to the University of Utah Burn Center in Salt Lake City, where he was listed in extremely critical condition.
See more about comments here.