Quantcast
Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Elderly women, pet dog escape Millcreek fire unharmed
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Utah Red Cross workers were providing temporary shelter, food and clothing to two elderly women after an early Thursday morning fire damaged their Millcreek home.

Unified Fire Capt. Clint Mecham said the 8:13 a.m. blaze at 4312 S. 615 East is believed to have been caused by a malfunctioning freezer located in the home's kitchen.

The women, one in her 90s and the other in her 70s, called 911 when they saw smoke billowing from the kitchen. Firefighters arrived within four minutes and safely evacuated the women and their pet dog from the residence.

No injuries were reported.

Crews extinguished the flames by 8:32 a.m., but in doing so had to remove sections of sheetrock walls and ceiling. Smoke and water also added to damage, which was not immediately given a dollar value but was sufficient to render the home temporarily uninhabitable.

remims@sltrib.com

Twitter: @remims

Article Tools

 Print Friendly
 
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.