Quantcast

Fire damages Salt Lake City home Thursday morning

Published March 14, 2013 11:11 am

This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A small fire temporarily displaced three people Thursday morning and caused minor damage to a Salt Lake City home.

The fire burned in two rooms of a home located at 231 E. Browning Ave. (1400 South), according to Salt Lake Fire spokesman Jasen Asay. Crews arrived at 8:45 a.m. and found two adults and a child outside. Asay said the adults reported that the fire was burning in a dryer vent.

When crews entered the home they discovered the blaze had spread through the floor to a pile of clothing near a heater vent in a front room. Crews extinguished that fire, Asay said, and then moved on to the dryer vent, which was more difficult to access.

Asay said it took about 10 minutes to get the fire under control. Damage was minimal and Asay said the family would probably be able to return home Thursday.

Asay added that the fire showed the importance of keeping vents clear and free of debris. He added that flammable items also shouldn't be placed near vents.

jdalrymple@sltrib.com

Twitter: @jimmycdii

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus