Quantcast
Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
University of Utah dorms briefly evacuated due to gas leak
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A gas leak Thursday drove 35 people from two student housing buildings at the University of Utah.

It happened about noon at neighboring buildings on the 2100 block of Red Butte Road, on the east side of campus. The buildings were evacuated for about 1 1/2 hours until Questar fixed the leak.

More than 120 students live in the two buildings, but most were in class, said Remi Barron, a U. spokesman.

"Anytime anyone smells gas, they err on the side of caution," he said. The cause wasn't immediately clear.

Article Tools

 Print Friendly
 
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.