Quantcast
Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Electrical malfunction blamed for South Salt Lake fire
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Fire investigators say an electrical malfunction was to blame for a blaze that destroyed a South Salt Lake home earlier this week.

South Salt Lake Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Bowman said Thursday that an apparent short or power surge in an electrical panel, located in a shed adjacent to the home at 477 E. Scott Ave. (3460 South), appeared to have ignited the fire late Wednesday morning.

A family of four living at the home, along with its two dogs, escaped unharmed, but their home is considered a total loss, Bowman said.

A 911 call came in at 11:56 a.m. Wednesday. Crews arrived four minutes later but the structure — along with an adjacent shed and carport — was already fully involved in flames.

The family was staying with friends in the aftermath of the blaze.

remims@sltrib.com

Twitter: @remims

Article Tools

 Print Friendly
 
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.