Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Fire caused $25k in damage to Utah State University lab
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Fire broke out in a Utah State University laboratory, but a quickly activated flame suppression sprinkler system kept damage at a minimum.

Logan Fire Marshal Craig Humphreys said the fire broke out at 8:12 p.m. Tuesday in the basement lab at the school's College of Agriculture Building, 510 North 900 East. Smoke was pouring from the lab when fire crews arrived.

No students or faculty were in the building at the time, and the sprinkler system kept the fire contained to a single room, Humphreys said Wednesday.

Damages were estimated at $25,000.

The Utah State Fire Marshal's Office determined the cause to be accidental with the blaze ignited by combustible material that had been placed too close to a heater.


Twitter: @remims

Article Tools

 Print Friendly
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.