City to temporarily close one block of 300 East March 1
Salt Lake City crews will close 300 East between 400 and 500 South from March 1-May 29 for improvements that coincide with the completion of Salt Lake City's new Public Safety Building.
While closed, the one-block stretch of 300 East will undergo major improvements, including:
• Installation of public art on the corner of 300 East and 500 South.
• Reconfiguration of 300 East, narrowing it to one lane in each direction and adding a bike lane in each direction.
• Addition of a mid-street island.
• Addition of rain gardens and trees along the sidewalks.
• Installation of a midblock crossing to connect the new public plaza to Library Square.
Questions regarding the closure should be directed to Chad Jones at 801-597-1832 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Salt Lake City Public Safety Building is a voter-approved project begun in 2011 and scheduled for opening in summer 2013.