Quantcast

Man burned in Provo 7-Eleven trash bin fire dies

Published February 13, 2013 10:32 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

An Orem man has died after suffering burns over 80 percent of his body in a trash bin fire.

Kathy Wilets, spokeswoman for University Hospital's Burn Unit in Salt Lake City, confirmed that 22-year-old Sean Ryan Romero was pronounced dead at 5:32 a.m. Wednesday.

Meanwhile, investigators continued to seek answers to questions about how the fire began, engulfing Romero outside a 7-Eleven store in Provo on Monday afternoon.

Provo police Lt. Matthew Siufanua said witnesses were able to put out the flames with fire extinguishers from the store, but Romero had already been extensively burned by that time.

Provo Fire Marshal Lynn Schofield said it could take several weeks to complete the investigation.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Provo Fire Marshal's Office at 801-852-6339 or the Provo Police Department at 801-852-6210.

remims@sltrib.com

Twitter: @remims

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus