Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
State invites applicants for Utah Wildlife Board, regional councils
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

People interested in helping guide how wildlife is managed in Utah are being sought to fill two upcoming vacancies on the Utah Wildlife Board and positions on the state's wildlife Regional Advisory Councils (RACs).

Del Brady, of Vernal, and Ernie Perkins, of Layton, will complete their six-year terms as Utah Wildlife Board members in August. The board sets rules and regulations regarding, fishing, hunting and wildlife management in the state.

The departures leave a vacancy to be filled by someone from northeastern Utah and someone from anywhere outside of central Utah because there are already two board members from that area.

The board meets six or seven times a year, and members are encouraged to attend wildlife Regional Advisory Council meetings when possible.

Applications are due by March 15 and will be reviewed by the Utah Wildlife Board Nominating Committee, which comprises 11 people appointed by the governor. Recommendations will be forwarded to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will make the final appointments.

Visit the Division of Wildlife Resources Web page at wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/ and look for the Wildlife Board section for more details and application information.

State officials are also encouraging people to apply for positions on RACs. These five councils in regions statewide listen to wildlife-management proposals from Division of Wildlife Resources biologists and then hear public input on the proposal before voting on their own recommendations.

Those recommendations are passed to the Utah Wildlife Board for consideration of final approval. Visit the Division of Wildlife Resources Web page and look for the Regional Advisory Council section for more details and application information.

Article Tools

 Print Friendly
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.