Quantcast

Misuse of electrical cords sparks Odgen House fire

Published January 22, 2013 5:15 pm

This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Misuse of electrical cords powering a space heater caused a Tuesday afternoon fire that heavily damaged an Ogden City home, according to a news release from the Ogden City Fire Department.

Fire crews responded at 1:30 p.m. to a home at 949 Rushton Street.

The two residents had already exited the home and crews were quick to extinguish the fire, which caused heavy fire and smoke damage. The loss was estimated at $60,000.

There were no injuries to firefighters or the occupants, but one pet perished in the fire.

The Red Cross was at the scene to assisting the residents.

Personnel from the South Ogden City Fire Department helped Ogden City firefighters suppress the blaze.

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus